Yesterday was a big day for Evelyn (and her parents too)! She finally gave up the bottle and switched to a sippy cup. Several times in the last couple of months we have put milk in a sippy to see if she would drink from it. Evelyn would end up throwing a fit until we put her milk back into the bottle.
Other moms told me that you should put milk in a sippy cup that the child has never used before. So yesterday morning Evelyn and I went to Target and I let her pick out a sippy cup. She picked the Nuby No-Spill Twin Handled 1st Cup Stage 2. It looks alot like her bottle, has handles, and a soft spout. So we tried the new cup at lunch and she loved it. Evelyn loved it so much that when she was done, I was not allowed to have it. So she carried it around the house most of the day.
As parents, we are really excited that the bottle stage is over. When Evelyn was dianosed with acid reflux, one of the things we did to help her was to put rice cereal in her bottle. This required us to buy special bottle spouts to allow the thick milk to flow. Now that she is not taking the rice cereal, the milk was just pouring out and making a mess. So we are very glad to see the bottles go as well as the mess.
Lunch out with Nana!
9 years ago
1 comment:
Emma has the same sippy cup and she is only 6 months old and loves it. She will drink all of her milk out of it in one sitting. I think it is the spout being soft like a bottle nipple. Lucky for me it was the 1st one I bought (Santa bought) It came in her stocking.
Post a Comment